I-GEL: The Intelligent Soft Gel Solution
Representing years of dedicated research, I-GEL is a giant leap forward in nutrient absorption. Traditional enteric coating is a method used on oral supplements so that it won‘t break down in the stomach. I-GEL changes this paradigm by applying the enteric coating inside the soft gel capsule, combining the advantages of both soft gel and enteric coating into a capsule that offers customization and adaptability for any nutritional supplement.
The Benefits of Enteric Coating
Enteric coating, also known as delayed release coating, is composed of polymers with specific pH sensitivities. This coating remains intact in the acidic environment of the stomach and becomes soluble in the alkaline environment of the small intestine. Enteric coating is usually applied to protect a drug that loses its stability in gastric fluids, to prevent stomach irritation common with medication such as aspirin, or to delay the release of a compound until it is delivered in the small intestine. However, most enteric coats are applied on the surface area of traditionally hard oral dosage forms like tablets and pills. With I-GEL‘s innovation, the enteric coating applied on the interior now allows further flexibility to the array of benefits already found with soft gel capsules.
I-GEL and its Unique Advantages
- Clarity I-GEL is the first clear entering coating in the industry. The coating process has no colour and leaves no trace materials that could obstruct the view of the ingredients in the soft gel capsule.
- Odourless I-GEL completely masks odours so supplements with particularly strong aromas such as fish oils and herbal extracts can now be consumed without the unappealing smell.
- Efficiency I-GEL only uses 3 ingredients in its polymer blend, unlike other enteric coating combinations commonly found in the market today.
- Customizability I-GEL is adaptable to virtually any ingredient on its own or in combination with others, and disintegration can be adjusted according to customer specification.
- Time-Released and Reflux-Free I-GEL‘s disintegration specifications are as follows:
-SGF (Simulated Gastric Fluid) > 60 minutes
-SIF (Simulated Intestinal Fluid) < 45 minutes
These values ensure that there is no reflux of ingredients once I-GEL capsule has entered the digestive system.
I-GEL for Your Supplements Today
Offering unique and scientifically proven benefits, I-GEL could be the game-changing factor you need in the product development cycle. For more information, please contact NIC and I-GEL can be incorporated into your new product for a distinct therapeutic and marketing edge.